Fort Collins Robot Fire Fighting Challenge
The FCRFFC will be following the official Trinity College Fire Fighting Home Robot Contest rules, although only the Basic/Entry-Level rules will apply.
For details, start by consulting the official rules at <http://www.trincoll.edu/events/robot/Rules/default.asp>, and then apply the following amendments:
- Section 3: We will have no cash awards at our local event, and
divisions will be decided based on registrations received before the
event. There may or may not be other prizes donated by event sponsors.
- Section 4: Only the Entry Level Arena Layout will be used for the local
- Section 18: Only the Basic Level Operating Modes will be used at our
- Section 24: We will have no Expert Division at our local event this
year. You can ignore this entire section, except for subsection D,
which describes the baby used in the "Robot Hide and Seek" event
- Section 28: As noted for section 3, we will have no cash awards at our
local event. There may or may not be other prizes donated by event
- Section 30: There will be no separate qualification trials. (However,
if you want to test your robot in advance of the event, contact the
event organizer, and we'll do our best to arrange for that.)
- Section 35: We will not have a "Cost-Effective" prize in our local
- Section 39: No registration fee is required to enter the FCRFFC.
- Section 41: Registration deadline TBD.
- Section 42: Location and date of the FCRFFC is the Discovery Science
Center in Fort Collins on Saturday, March 8, 2008. A final schedule is
- Section 46: We will be holding the Robot Hide & Seek event. However, no cash prizes will be given for this event either.
You can download the scoresheet we'll be using in the tournament to help understand how various factors and penalties figure in to your total score.
. . . . . .