M A G D E F
Macintosh Game Development Framework
This is the home page for "Magdef", an open-source C++ application framework for writing games on the Macintosh. It includes "M3D", a 3D class library designed to help you create 3D games as painlessly as possible. M3D may be used independent of the other Magdef files. All Magdef code is public domain -- share and enjoy!
- Magdef -- Mac Game Development Framework -- includes all the modules below, but these modules may be used separately; use as much or as little as you want.
- M3D -- Magdef 3D -- this is a set of classes for handling 3D objects, the camera, the rendering, and so on. This module is the current focus of development.
- MAP -- Magdef App -- this module implements the main program and common game set-up, such as creating a window and handling events. It is used in some of the M3D demos.
- MIN -- Magdef Input -- this little module aids in handling input. Currently it just does simple keyboard input; later, it may interface to InputSprockets, etc.
- (other modules, to be added later, will aid in handling sound, files, networking, etc.)
. . . . . .